Using tools one create and modify strings into the fundemental zone (of the chosen wallpaper group) displayed into the working zone, result knot is diusplayed in real time.
Choose a wallpaper group :In the menu "File – New…" choose the group (yes, I have implemented only 7 out of the 17 possible group)
Add a string :There is three kind of string (second line of the toolbox) their availibility depend on the choosen wallpaper group.)
- Loop into the fundemental zone,
- String starting and ending on a miror-like border,
- String starting on an identified border and ending on the same point on the other identified border.
Modify a string :
- The arrow tool allows you to select a dot, move it or select a string.
- Add a dot to an existing string
- Add a dot to an exisitng string on an identified border of the fundemental zone (this is not possible on all wallpaper group)
Additional tools when an object is selected :
- On can delet a selected dot or string,
- On can change the width, the color and the gap size where a string stop before an intersection, when a string is selected.
Options :"Option" menu allows you to
- Keep the last tool selected once used (by default the arrow is automatically re-selected)
- choos the zoom level of the result zone.
SAve, print :"File" menu allows you to
- save the current project into a .till file (pseudo xml).
- Open a project out of a .till file
- Generate PostScript file (high resolution version of the knot).
- Print the knot (This action requieres a PostScript printer)